SEND A POSTCARD: ENSURE FOLLOW-THROUGH ON THE COASTAL MARINE STRATEGY
Rollout of BC’s first Coastal Marine Strategy is set to begin in Spring 2024! Implementation details have been vague, so we need your help to avoid a disappointing delay or downgrade.
Help us get 300 postcards to Nathan Cullen, Minister of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship in support of a strategy that upholds Indigenous rights, supports biodiversity, and uplifts communities. Here’s how to do it:
- Add your name and a message to the form below
- We’ll print your message onto a postcard
- We’ll hand-deliver an impressive stack of postcards to Minister Cullen
✍️ Not sure what to write? Here’s some inspiration:
- Resilient and biodiverse ecosystems are able to mitigate the impacts of climate change. The Coastal Marine Strategy must deliver on nearshore habitat restoration and protection.
- Meaningful acts of reconciliation are non-negotiable. I support a Coastal Marine Strategy that prioritizes Indigenous co-management through Indigenous protected and conserved areas and Guardians programs.
- I’m calling on the Government of British Columbia to enact a law to ensure policies outlined in the Coastal Marine Strategy will be enforced.
Here’s an example of what your postcard will look like: